Saturday 11 May 2013

Imperial Guard: First test model finished

I didn't really know how I wanted to paint these up, I had one idea though. I want them to fit together nicely when standing together with my Guardians of the Covenant but still look IG. So the palette I had to choose from pretty much is metallic, grey, black, red and some green. So this is what I came up with, tell me what you think.



It may not be the best model I have painted but I painted him up rather quickly just to see if I liked the colour scheme. And I think I do, may be needing some tweaks here and there though.

This is the last update (at least when it comes to painting and such) for at least a week as I'm travelling to Rhodes tonight. I may post some news updates if I feel I have the time but anyhow until then take care. 

7 comments:

  1. Personally I find him a little dark, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, especially when you factor in being photographed against white. The paint work itself looks good though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments guys.

    DimmyK - Yea I agree about him being a little to dark. It's mostly because of the photo but I think I need some more highlights as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!
    Well done man, this colour scheme looks great on this IG.
    To be honest this is fantastic, especially with that metallic look on his armour!
    Keep up the good work.
    Oh, and I know I'm a little late but would you be able to create a tutorial on how t paint this colour scheme on IG, because I have been looking every-where for something like this!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scheme. Any chance you could do up a list of your paints?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...