Wednesday 4 July 2012

Wh40k: Minotaurs Test Model

A long time since I last posted a Wh40k model, but with 6th edition here and all I just couldn't withstand to paint at least a little of 40k. And this time it isn't Guardinans of the Covenant, not Dark Angels or any of the unforgiven chapters. I decided to go with the Minotaurs chapter. A chapter that has lately been promoted by Forgeworld, and I just love the colourscheme, the chapter symbol and the ancient greek feel to them. So I made a test model which where easy enough to paint (accept the chapter symbol which I failed with).


I started with a Assoult on the Black Reach model which where primed with the Metal Primer from Army Painter. I then basecoated the whole model with AP:s Weapon Bronze and a heavy dry brusch with GW:s new colour Sycorax Bronze. This I then shaded with Agrax Earthshade and later made a new dry brush with Sycorax but not as heavy this time. And then the armour is done, simple enough and I'm quite satisfied with the result. The model is pretty much done, just need a better base but I don't know what to do with just yet.

I'm really in the mood to do a Minotaur army of this and if I do, I will go and buy some Forgeworld stuff so I don't need to freehand the chapter symbol, because that was a lot harder than I thought and to duplicate them to the other marines, well I won't go that far when there is transfers and Resin shoulder pads for them. Also leaning on buying the Chapter Master, Asterion Moloc and the Chaplain Ivanus Enkomi which are pretty good looking miniatures.


So what do you think? Shall I continue and paint up a whole army of Minotaurs, and if, what shall I have in that army? Also all tips and comments on the painting and stuff is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...