Friday 27 April 2012

Empire Update: First Demigryph Knight Finished!

At last I'm finished with this model. It was really fun to paint and I just love these models but It took a lot more time than expected. Before I started I thought It would take as much time as a regular knight pretty much. But there are a lot of details on these that takes some time to finish, also as this was the first and test model pretty much, I'm confident that the next ones will get done a little sooner.

I hope you like it, I'm very pleased with the result and rate it among the best minis I ever painted, can't wait until I have all six of them painted.






The worst things with this model was the assembly, the lance and reins have fallen of two times and I just noticed that the little thing at the back of the helmet also have fallen off for the second time :/ The last time I dropped the whole model onto the floor so nothing strange that things fall off though. That's all for now, expect another Empire update soon.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you chose - looks great!
    I wonder how close to the size they are to a thunder wolf?
    I am thinking my Red Griffin Marines might just run on the Space Wolf Codex for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, really good job. I like the stripes on the reins and the knights helm, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing! I prefer the halberd thing over the lances but this is an excellent job and ties in so nicely to your army!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is fantastic - I really thought the model would look less "horse" like than it does at first glance though. What size are the bases

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for the kind words. Painting two more now but will take time as I'm painting greatswords and the new War Altar right now as well.

    Ubberdoc - Can't answer that but from what Iv'e seen the Thunderwolves looks a little bit bigger but you can check out this realy nice conversion http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=41082.50 where he uses Thunderwolves. Don't know if they are on the same base size or not though hard to tell from the pictures.

    John Murrie - The bases are 50x75mm, so like a chariot base but shorter (they are 50x100mm)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...